HOW IT WORKS
Developed by International Finance Corporation (IFC), EDGE (“Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiencies”) is a green building certification system focused on making new residential and commercial buildings more resource-efficient.
EDGE calculates the utility savings and reduced carbon footprint of your green building against a base case. For non-residential buildings, you can see how much extra it costs to build green – and how short a time it takes to earn back the money through operational savings.
EDGE can be used for buildings of all vintages, including new construction, existing buildings and major retrofits.
EDGE presents the business case for green building in rapidly urbanizing areas, making green building attainable and acting as an important intervention tool in combating climate change.
WHAT WE DO
- As EDDGE Experts we can advice and coordinate the project team during the certiﬁcation process
- Assist Client team during entire construction period to comply with EDGE rigor
- Advice on local context issues such as urbanization
- Project registration within EDGE online
- Submittal of documentation into the EDGE online software